Monday, February 13, 2012

a weekend to celebrate love

Ben and I decided to celebrate Valentines Day on Saturday since he works late during the week. 
We started it off by waking up a little earlier in the morning to head up to Oakland to go to the temple.
The Oakland temple is so beautiful. It may be my second favorite looks-wise (after San Diego of course). 
It was the perfect way to start off our Valentine's Day.

The temple is nestled on the top of this huge hill that overlooks all of San Francisco. If you are ever in the area I strongly recommend just walking the temple grounds. It is breathtaking.

 yes, oakland really is this green. I am really loving northern california.

We then ate lunch at a little cafe up the street & headed back to San Jose. 
Ben was in charge of the dinner plan. He researched and found this cute little cottage type restaurant located in downtown San Jose (little Italy to be exact). The atmosphere, service & food were all top notch. I hope we can go back soon. I had the best lamb chops and B of course had salmon. (best salmon he said he ever had which is quite big coming from the man who orders it whenever it's on the menu!)
 yes i know, i should stop thinking my phone takes good enough quality pictures.

I have grown to really love Valentines Day. I love showing not only my husband how much I love him but also my family and friends.
 I decided this year to make homemade valentines and I hope to continue this for many years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment