Saturday, November 26, 2011

giving thanks

This year Ben and I had the opportunity to go to sunny California for Thanksgiving to be with my family. We flew in early Wednesday morning to Long Beach. My parents and little sister were there to pick us up and whisk us away to one of my favorite breakfast stops called Stacks in Dana Point. 
It was the best way to start off the trip. We then walked around the beach and just enjoyed the sun warming us up. 
That night Ben and I decided to make some pumpkin donut holes for the family. 
They were delicious. And will be a new tradition in the Tate family!

I wish I had taken more photos while we were there but all I can say is I had one of the best Thanksgivings! Ben and I were in charge of the green bean casserole and it turned out perfect. 
But the best part was just being around my family. We played games and cooked all together. I miss them lots. 

This year I have so much to be grateful for so I wanted to make a little list:
-marrying my best friend and getting to be sealed to him for all eternity
-both of my amazing families
-my mom and how she taught me so many good wife skill to prepare for this year
-my sisters. they truly are my best friends
-my nephew
-Ben's opportunity to intern with Ernst & Young in January and then to work full time come 2013
-all the adventures that this year brought
-the gospel
-Jesus Christ
-my little sunbeams. I love them so much already
-my dog kelsey who loves unconditionally


No comments:

Post a Comment